Sunday, July 22, 2018

Lazy Med Student

Recalling my med school life, i would say im a lazy student. Why? Bcs im not really enthusiastic in joining non compulsary ward round and operations; most of the time bcs i felt like not getting much benefit frm it as compared to reading and memorizing the books by myself at home. I always envied my collegues who tasted the "nikmat" of doing extra things in Kasr El Ainy. Why cant i enjoy as much as they do? Is it because deep within myself im not interested in medic as much i expected myself would do? Hmm.

Man, I reaaallly love medical studies very much esp when i understand the subjects well. Maybe bcs not mastering enough the subject made me not enjoying the rounds? 

.......,.......

Today we have Dr Nazmir around as our locum doctor. He is a great person who are very welcoming and easy going. 

So today a pt came complaining of sore throat and few others, as soon after the pt went away dr said to me "Nabila, lepas ni kalau ada patient datang awak duduk sini lah. Tadi saya buat knee examination, rugi awak tak tengok." I was like.. "ohh ok dr."

Then later in the evening another pt came. This time, a child whose parents said that she was feverish. I want to come in but as the parents are with the other 2 children were in the doctor's room, i changed my mind, thinking that the room will be too crowded if i joined in.

Then the same thing happen. After we dispensed the drugs to the pt, dr came and asked me again, "Nabila, kenapa tak masuk. You kena duduk sini, kalau tak nanti medical skill you akan rusted."

I gave my alasan but i felt really ungrateful by telling so. A good doctor offering you a good chance to learn, why aren't you grabbing it.

And when the dr said "nanti medical skill you rusted" tu i felt like macam kena ketuk. Actually takdelah rasa macam responsible sangat nak menjaga skill tu sebab, yela tak practice lagi as true doctor. Skill pun macam takde je sebenarnya. Haha. But still nabila, remember the oath that you've taken? And see, even the doctor expected me to possess the skill. Me —an egypt medical grad yang marhaen ni. Actually egypt students, we are trained enough by our professors and doctors, be proud of ur knowledge. Last time when i attend the GP symposium, the consultants explaining the things that we've learnt by hard during our fifth and sixth year, without any other odd extras! Everything were the same. Just practice je yang kita kurang sebab we are too much exam oriented.

................

So suddenly that thought of "aku ni memang pemalas" tu popped out in my mind. No not again nabila, pls take these opportunities that Allah gave to you to learn more; so that when you start ur housemanship youll be able to enjoy it quickly rather than thinking it's a detestable life to come through.