Saturday, October 12, 2019

Shocked

Assalamualaikum

Recently one of my patient dead of septic shock.
And i was ultimately shocked hearing this news
It was during my oncall day when i received her admission - she came in pallor, but with good GCS
Keep complaining non specific muscleache here and there
And even requested me to massage her shoulder

At first i thought it was manjalitis syndrome
That poor child came from shelter home - her parents abandoned her and her brother
Little did i know the condition worsened on the morning
And the child went into shock that evening
Bradycardiac, asystole for 1 minutes
CPR commenced x 3, child was even intubated

I kept thinking
Was it my mistake not to attend her properly
She kept calling for us overnight, requesting for water and food
Like wanting someone to be beside her all the time
As her parents not there

Poor child
Sorry for not giving you tembikai as you requested
May you rest in peace over there..

No comments: